Keep in touch with the economic pulse in Cove's business community with our e-newsletter. The mailer is full of the latest EDC news, accomplishments, forecasts, educational opportunities, and more valuable business tidbits.
Join us the 2nd Friday of each month as we present informative sessions geared towards helping local business.
- September 13th 11:30 am – 12:30 pm - Don’t Park It, Market!
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) Skills for Small Business program was created to meet the needs of Texas’ more than 433,000 small businesses that have fewer than 100 employees.
Training through this program will increase competitiveness, upgrade the skills of current employees and prepare newly hired workers for job requirements. Tuition and fees are funded up to $1,450 per newly hired full-time employees and up to $725 per full-time incumbent employees.
As a service to our business community, we offer reimbursements to qualified current and future business owners who attend classes at the Central Texas Business Resource Center (BRC). The BRC is located inside Workforce Solutions of Central Texas at 300 Cheyenne in Killeen and provides business counseling, training and assistance. Each month, the BRC offers workshops and special events for the business community.
- HOW TO CHOOSE A HOME-BASED BUSINESS, October 1, 2013 * 5:30p-7:00p, No cost to attend
- BUSINESS PLAN BASICS, October 8, 2013 * 5:30p-7:00p, Cost is $25.00 per person
- DESIGNING A PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN, October 15, 2013 * 5:30p-7:00p, Cost is $25.00 per person
- BANKROLLING YOUR BUSINESS, October 22, 2013 * 5:30p-7:00p, Cost is $25.00 per person
- FACEBOOK 101 FOR BUSINESS, October 29, 2013 * 5:30p-7:00p, Cost is $25.00 per person